Time to spend time with amazing bakers and an excuse to make a big cake to devour.
Every week should be Bundt week.
Thank-you so much to Sew You Think You Can Cook for hosting and coming up with Pears as our challenge this month.
I love pears and I especially love hazelnuts. Just somehow they are the very best of friends so I’ve sauteed, ground, browned, juiced and added liqueur to get all their amazing flavours in.
I started with browned butter to really drive home the nutty flavour that I was going for. Fat eggs, pear juice, frangellico (hazelnut liqueur) and a few other goodies got beaten together before; sauteed pears and both ground and VERY roughly chopped hazelnuts were added.
Spice, flour and baking powder finish things off before being baked until golden.
Since that bottle frangellico is open anyway why not have a little shot too?
- 1½ cups diced pears cooked in 1 T butter until just tender
- ⅔ cup browned butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup frangellico
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts (toasted in a dry pan)
- 1 cup pear juice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Beat together the wet ingredients with the sugar. Fold in the ground and chopped hazelnuts before adding the spice, flour and baking powder.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes at 330 degrees or until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Optional (I am not a huge sweets fan so my second bundt I left this off)
- cup icing sugar
- tsp frangellico
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Almond Pear Bread Pudding from Food Lust People Love
- Bundt Cake de Pera y Almendras from La Mejor Manera de Hacer
- Fresh Pear Bundt Cake with Vanilla Glaze from The Queen of Scones
- Honey and Walnut Pear Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- London Fog & Pear Bundt Cake from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Orange Pear Bundt Cake from Basic N Delicious
- Pear and Date Bundt Cake with Caramel Mascarpone Sauce from kidsandchic
- Pear and Hazelnut Bundt from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- “Pear”fect Rum Raisin Cake from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Pear Pecan Coffee Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Pear Spiced Bundt Cake from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Pear Streusel Crunch Cake from Noshing with the Nolands
- Pumpkin Pear Bundt Cake from Making Miracles
- Roasted Pear & Walnut Spice Cake Bundt from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Salted Caramel Pear Bundt Cake from Tartacadabra
- Spiced Pear Bundt from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spiced Pear Bundt with Vanilla Bourbon Glaze from The Crumby Cupcake
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page