It’s Friday and I’m out from under report cards.
My kids did fabulously and I was able to meet with a lot of their parents and I think at one point I added an extra hour into the day.
Meals have been quick and for the most part prepared on Sunday with the fridge being raided through the week.
If you follow me on instagram you can see my weekly survival plan in action C:
One of our most popular meals lately has been quiche. Small one just can’t seem to get enough and since it’s so quick to do up I’m happy to play with combos.
Our fav lately is a slightly odd combo of apple, bacon and cheddar. Trust me.
It only sounds odd.
I double the cheddar input by pressing it into the pastry AND adding it into the filling. I made a big batch of my homemade pastry and froze it but we’ve enjoyed this dish just as much using bought, puff.
Line a pie plate with your cheesy pastry and add; chopped bacon (I used thick cut and didn’t cook it ahead of time), cheddar, sliced apples and custard.
Bake until puffed and awesome and enjoy hot or
tucked into a lunchbox.
- pastry for 1x9inch pie plate
- ½ cup shredded, old cheddar
- 2 cups shredded, old cheddar
- 1 cup thinly sliced apples
- ⅔ cup chopped bacon
- Custard (beat together):
- ¼ tsp each pepper and salt
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Roll out pastry, lightly press in cheddar and line pie plate. Add in cheddar, then bacon and then apples before pouring over the custard.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until custard is set and top is browned.