Ahhh, Wednesday and already into November.
Christmas is really around the corner.
A holiday is truly in my sights.
We had an awesome time this week, starting off with Hallowe’en and lots of time to visit with the neighbours. Small one was EXHAUSTED by the time we reached the end of our street but still wanted to be nosy and see inside of everyone’s house. I also realized that we’ve turned a corner and either she’s much bigger or I’m much older because I simply cannot carry her like I used to.
How about a treat?
How about a treat that makes dinner time REALLY easy?
You can make this the day before and reheat. You can make it, bake it and freeze it. You can bring it to a potluck (’tis the season).
I started off with eggplant and pressed slices into panko crumbs mixed with parmesan. A quick bake on parchment paper and start to layer.
Place spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a baking dish, add eggplant,
add a layer of meatballs (yep, these are frozen ones that a storebought),
layer on more eggplant, sauce and shredded mozzarella. Bake.
Serve with buttered noodles OR a nice, big, green salad.
I made this the other night and small one had THREE helpings.
- 14 slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 cups panko
- ⅔ cup shredded parmesan
- 2½ cups spaghetti sauce
- 1½ cups cooked meatballs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Press eggplant slices into panko and parmesan and bake on parchment for 15 minutes (turning halfway through) at 350 degrees.
- In a 9x11 pan (spray with a bit of cooking spray to make clean-up easier), add ½ the sauce, then ½ the eggplant, ALL the meatballs, and repeat. Finish with the mozzarella.
- Bake at 330 for 35 minutes or until bubbly.