A baker’s dozen bloggers have come together to share different recipes that use tea during the month of November. Whether you’re a fan of sweet or savory #TastyParTEA’s creations will make your mouth water.
See all the posts on our Facebook page, check out the pins on our Pinterest board, or follow the conversation on social media with hashtag #TastyParTEA.
And today I’m lucky enough to share my recipe and then I get to visit all my talented peeps the rest of the time. Yep, I am really that lucky.
I’ve had this idea in my head for awhile and just needed an excuse to use an obscene amount of chocolate all in one go.
I want these again super soon.
I was sent fab matcha and green tea and wanted that perfumey/earthy taste all the way through. But how to do it since chocolate does not play nicely with water?
I decided to melt almost all the ingredients together. The tea has a chance to steep in the chocolate and flavour the whole mix.
I’m so going to use the method again.
Once everyone is melty good friend I added the bare minimum amount of flour and fat eggs.
Pour into a greased pan and bake until JUST set. While they are still hot top with yet more chocolate and spread when hot. I also added a little flourish of more tea.
Pour yourself a cuppa and enjoy.
- 4 green tea and matcha tea bags opened (optional-1/2 an extra bag for garnish)
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup flour
- 2 oz chocolate pieces
- Combine all the ingredients except the eggs and flour and melt over simmering water.
- Remove from heat, beat in the eggs and fold in the flour.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Bake 330 for 20-25 minutes or until JUST set.
- While still hot add the chocolate pieces to the top. Let melt and spread. Sprinkle with a bit more pretty tea.
Our Blog Tour Schedule…
and is open to US residents only.