Here’s another ‘make ahead’ app OR a quickie dinner after shopping that you’ll just adore.
This looks fussy but is basically a dump all the things together recipe and they are addictive.
I start with cooked duck (just baked in the oven but my local butcher actually confits duck and I’m so grabbing that next time) and mix it with; cilantro, sesame oil and seeds, ginger, carrots, cabbage….
Each wonton wrap gets a portion before a dab of water and all the ends being drawn up into a purse shape. Nothing fancy-just little parcels.
A quick fry and enjoy hot or at room temperature. Do yourself a favour and double the recipe. These are just so handy to have around and each person can be guaranteed to have at least a half a dozen.
I’ve made these a bunch of times already so I thought I would add in a photo that I took of them in the summer because…I really need to remember what the sun looks like.
Want something really special to dip them into?
Next week I’ve got HOMEMADE plum sauce that will knock your socks off.
- 2 cups each cooked and shredded duck and shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 T chopped cilantro (I used the squeezy bottle stuff)
- 1 T ginger
- 1 T lemongrass
- 3 T sesame seeds and oil
- ¼ cup garlic black bean paste
- 48 wonton wraps
- canola to fry in
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place a heaped T of filling in the wonton middle and squish all the ends into a parcel, using a dab of water as glue.
- Fry in 350 degree oil until golden and enjoy hot or cold.