I love to bake but let’s be honest-it takes a lot of time.
This season it takes more time than I have in the day so I’m always trying to figure out a quick dessert to have for a crowd that I can either make WAY ahead or at the last second.
Our family loves tiramisu but since we’re all going to be on the beach really soon we’re also trying to eat a bit lighter.
Thus…tiramisu dip with sweet ‘chips’.
I bought a sort of yoghurt that is incredibly thick but still low fat called Skyr. I love this stuff. The whole idea for this recipe came about because it reminded me of marscapone. If you can’t find it-just used Greek yoghurt, it’ll still be fabulous.
The dip is a bit of honey, cinnamon, cocoa and cocoa nibs mixed together. That’s it.
And for the chips? Melt some butter and get busy.
Dip tortilla wedges into butter before pressing them into a cocoa sugar mix and baking until crisp.
I like the dip in a covered dish and to serve everything in a big bowl.
Blink and it’ll all be gone.
- 8 large whole wheat tortilla (cut into 8 wedges)
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 T cocoa
- 500 grams skyr or plain greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs
- 1½ T honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 T cocoa
- Dip tortilla pieces into the butter before pressing into the cocoa sugar. Lay flat on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake until crisp (350 for approx 10 minutes).
- Mix all the dip ingredients together and garnish with a few extra cocoa nibs.