Yep, we’re still far away from the weekend but there’s a big one coming up (Easter) and a chance to eat lots of treaties with many.
Many fried treats.
Many cheese plates…you get the idea.
As I don’t want to spend the next three weeks pretty much on the treadmill full-time I’ve had to get creative.
I’m not a low calorie/low fat girl normally but this dessert makes you feel that you are being very, very naughty.
It’s also made in advance and requires zero actual cooking.
If you are Italian-don’t make this for your Nonna.
She’ll know the difference.
The rest of us won’t.
Normally tiramisu has tonnes of lush marscapone and lots of sugar.
Mine looks the same but…
I’ve replaced that with a mixture of maple syrup, skyr (a thickened, low fat yoghurt) and non-dairy whipped ‘cream’. The coffee is sweetened with maple syrup and made boozy with brandy. Chocolate is mainly represented by cocoa and
you simply need to layer all that deliciousness together.
A bit of a sit in the fridge and you’re all set to garnish the top with a bit of grated chocolate.
- 30 lady fingers
- Coffee dip:
- 1½ cups strong coffee
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- 1 T brandy
- 2 cups non-dairy whipped 'cream'
- 1½ cups skyr or non-fat yoghurt drained over night
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp coffee extract
- 2 tsp cocoa
- ¼ cup shaved chocolate
- Divide the layers into three.
- Start by dipping the lady fingers into the coffee mixture and place in a 9x9 pan. Top with a layer of of cream and a sprinkle of cocoa. Repeat twice more ending with cream and decorating with shaved chocolate.
- Let set in the fridge for a minimum of two hours and enjoy.