How about breakfast for dinner tonight?
Quick, delicious and always a fan favourite.
If you follow me on ig you’ll know that one of our favourite weekend breakfast items are biscuits.
Big, fluffy and full of whatever flavour we are hankering for at the time.
This time I’ve pulled out two of my favourite flavours; lemon and blueberry.
This does not look promising when you turn it onto your floured counter. That’s ok, you want to mix it as little as possible because you’re adding blueberries and they need to be lightly kneaded in before
being cut into thick biscuits (yep those are polar bears) and sprinkled with a tiny bit of sugar.
Fifteen to twenty minutes you are going to be very happy.
You can even pretend that it is the start of the day over again if things haven’t been quite as shiny as you’d like during the day.
Breakfast for dinner, a great way to lengthen your weekend C:
- 4 cups of flour
- ⅔ cup of shortening
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen
- 1½ cup of buttermilk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup of sugar (to sprinkle on the top)
- Mix the dry ingredients together with the zest and exc luding the bluberries. Rub in the shortening and add in the buttermilk, mixing to JUST combine. Turn out onto a floured countertop and add blueberries (mixing as little as possible). Pat down to two inches thick and cut into desired shape. Small one picked picked polar bears for some sort of bizarre reason.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 380 degrees.