Have you checked out all of the amazing recipes this week?
All super delicious and absolutely no guilt.
What could be better when the weather is getting warmer and the layers of clothing are being lessened?
However, you still want comfort and what could be more comforting than Mac and Cheese?
This is kind-of an odd recipe but bear with me, you’ll love it.
It subs the creamy sauce for a rather clever mix of; spice, cottage cheese (yep, that’s not a typo), milk, parsley, an egg…
and subs half of the pasta for crumbled cauliflower. I wanted to push this a little farther so I used low-fat everything for the rest of the ingredients and no one noticed.
Top with panko and a bit more cheese and bake until bubbly.
And you’ll miss…nothing at all.
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- ⅓ milk
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tsp each worstershire and mustard powder
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups cauliflour crumbles
- 2 cups cooked pasta (I used ditalini but elbow are great too)
- 2 cups grated sharp, cheddar
- ½ cup each grated cheese and panko crumbs
- Blitz sauce ingredients until smooth in food processor. Combine with the rest of the ingredients and add the cheese and panko topping. Bake in a 9x11 dish until bubbling (350 for 30 minutes shouls be great).