I love Saturdays.
I’m actually in my airstream (Coco) this morning and just about to try out my oven for the first time in it.
What am I baking?
I might not even wait for them to cool.
I think I’ll just dive into them with a fork.
I’ve always loved ‘Hello Dollies’. How could you not? Graham cracker bottom, chocolate and butterscotch chips and LOTS of condensed milk.
But how about a salty version that’s even naughtier?
That’s the idea behind ‘Salty Dollies’.
Crushed pretzels are added to the crust along with cocoa nibs,
and the requisite graham crumbs.
Everything is pressed into a greased 9×11 pan before topping with salted caramel chips, pretzel chunks and chocolate.
Slather everything with condensed milk and bake. You’ll totally think that you have forgotten a step but in fact after a bake you’ll have…
THESE! Yep, Saturdays are awesome.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup each sugar and cocoa nibs
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cans (8 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup salted caramel chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine base ingredients and press into a sprayed, 9x11 pan. Top with remaining ingredients, leaving the milk until the last. Bake at 330 for 25-30 minutes or until the milk has become golden. Let cool before cutting.
Over 70 bloggers are participating in #Choctoberfest 2017 and will be posting 200+ chocolate recipes over the next week. Keep your eyes peeled, visit any of the blogs listed below, or use the #Choctoberfest hashtag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to follow along. You can also check out our #Choctoberfest Pinterest board, where we post chocolate recipes all year long.
You can also enter to win our #Choctoberfest prize pack. Thank to our amazing sponsors who are contributing the following items for the prize:
- $100 gift card to Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 1 case of granulated white sugar (40 pounds), 1 case of light brown sugar (24 pounds), 1 case of dark brown sugar (24 pounds), and 1 case of powdered sugar (24 pounds) from our gold sponsor Imperial Sugar
- 16 oz Barlean’s Butter-Flavored Coconut Oil, 9.52 oz canister of Chocolate Silk Greens, and 8oz bottle of Essential Women Omega-Swirl Chocolate Mint from our silver sponsor Barlean’s
- 300-piece Lindt LINDOR Truffles gift bag (you choose the flavors!) from blog sponsors The PinterTest Kitchen
This prize pack is valued at over $450! To enter, simply follow participating sponsors and bloggers using the below giveaway widget.
Thank you also to Davis Chocolate and Rodelle for being #Choctoberfest shoutout sponsors! Watch Instagram and Facebook to find out more about about their chocolate products.
Please make sure that you check out my fellow ‘eventers’ and their amazing ideas.